Grants & Funding
The Grants & Funding team supports the Colorado tourism industry by offering funding opportunities that strengthen and enhance Colorado’s competitiveness, respond to industry needs, and align industry efforts.
Grants & Funding Goals:
- Build a robust tourism economy through funding support for tourism industry partners
- Grow funding opportunities to support an evolving tourism landscape
- Offer meaningful opportunities that maximize return on investment (ROI) by leveraging funds to optimize impact
- Create alignment between funding opportunities and other CTO offerings to maximize industry partner benefit
Through funding opportunities, the Grants and Funding team hopes to:
- Strengthen the tourism industry through increased economic impact
- Foster industry collaboration among partners and the CTO
- Strengthen and reinforce the Colorado brand
- Enhance the visitor experience
- Strengthen the visitor economy while respecting our resources and quality of life
Programs, Initiatives & Opportunities
Tourism Marketing Matching Grant provides funding to support destination and industry association marketing efforts.
Tourism Management Grant provides funding to support projects that develop, enhance or better manage visitor experiences.
Colorado Governor’s Tourism Conference Professional Scholarship helps tourism professionals attend the annual Governor's Tourism Conference.
Past Programs, Initiatives & Opportunities
Meeting & Events Cash Rebate provided a 10% cash rebate against eligible hard costs for hosting meetings and events in Colorado that take place on or before June 30, 2024.
Meeting & Events Direct Support Grant provided up to 50% of eligible direct support costs, not to exceed $200,000 for hosting events in Colorado that took place on or before June 30, 2024.
Tourism Recovery Marketing Grant, funded through an EDA American Rescue Plan Travel, Tourism, and Outdoor Recreation State Grant, awarded $1.8 million in funding to support the economic recovery of the travel and tourism industry in Colorado through the execution of tourism marketing and promotional campaigns.