The Colorado Governor’s Tourism Conference is an annual three-day event for tourism professionals and industry leaders to learn and network. Participants assess current activities and find new approaches to market the state, locales, and businesses. Speakers from throughout the country will challenge and inspire attendees. If you would like to host a future Colorado Governor’s Tourism Conference, please email Altitude Events.
Save the Date: Gov Con 2022
September 21-23, 2022
The 2022 Colorado Governor's Tourism Conference will be located at the Viewline Resort Snowmass. Viewline Resort Snowmass is an inclusive, family-oriented multi-season vacation spot. Founded on the ideals of love for the natural surroundings, community and individuality, the up-mountain resort is in the heart of Snowmass Village, is near the mountain town of Aspen and Aspen/Pitkin Airport (ASE), and 4 hours from Denver International Airport. Guests share unforgettable experiences like skiing and snowboarding right here on the mountain, hiking more than 80 miles of trails, and enjoying après ski around a glowing fireplace. The hotel offers a full array of elevated amenities, including luxurious, nature-inspired guest rooms, pool and pool deck, spa and fitness center, and a variety of food and beverage selections like Stark’s Alpine Grill, a casual sit-down restaurant, and grab and go options like First Chair Coffee Shop. The hotel also features a 20,000 square-foot conference center and the area’s most breathtaking event spaces.
Viewline Resort Snowmass
100 Elbert Lane
Snowmass, Colorado 81615
The Colorado Tourism Office is seeking sponsors for the 2022 conference. Reach tourism industry professionals and get acknowledged in a variety of ways. PLUS check out a new opportunity called the CTO Partner Status. For $1,500 you can align your brand with this year’s conference and receive 4 complimentary Gov Con registrations. For more information on Sponsorships follow this link or contact Deb Brannon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Governor’s Awards for Outstanding Colorado Tourism Efforts honor individuals and organizations and recognizes excellence in the Colorado tourism industry. For more information about how to submit a nomination, please visit the Awards page.
This year's award categories are as follows:
Governor’s Award for Outstanding Community Tourism Initiative
- Recognizes an activity, event, or project by a community or region to promote tourism in Colorado.
Governor’s Award for Outstanding Individual Contribution
- Recognizes an individual that has been in the tourism industry for more than five years for their contributions to promoting and developing the Colorado tourism industry.
NEW in 2022 - Governor’s Award for Rising Tourism Star
- Recognizes an individual who is new to the tourism industry – within the last five years – and has shown leadership, commitment and a passion for Colorado’s tourism industry.
Governor’s Awards for Outstanding Marketing Program
- Recognizes a Colorado organization for either a single targeted promotion or a full campaign to recognize creativity and excellence in promoting tourism.
Governor’s Award for Outstanding Sustainable Tourism Initiative, Project, or Program
- Recognizes an activity, event, project, or program that promotes responsible and sustainable tourism practices that reduce the impact on natural resources in Colorado.
Jack Snow Award for Outstanding Volunteer
- Recognizes an individual who has volunteered their time by promoting Colorado and provides exemplary customer service.
The Colorado Tourism Office offers two scholarships to help tourism professionals and students offset the cost of attending the conference for the first time.
The Colorado Governor's Tourism Conference Professional Scholarship is available for first time conference attendees, and covers conference registration and up to $350 in reimbursement for lodging and mileage expenses.
The Colorado Governor's Tourism Conference Student Sponsorship is available for university student, first time attendees. The sponsorship covers conference registration and hotel.