The Governor's Tourism Conference Student Scholarship helps college and university students attend the Governor's Tourism Conference for the first time. Students interested in travel and tourism will learn about the industry, develop their skills, and network with industry professionals.
The scholarship covers conference registration and hotel. All other expenses are the student’s responsibility.
To apply for this scholarship, you need to be:
- a student currently enrolled full-time at a Colorado college or university
- interested in travel and tourism
Applications are now open, and will close September 30. To apply for the program, you will need to submit an online application in the link above. We will notify you about your scholarship status within a week after the application closes.
Write an essay (500 words maximum) to answer at least one of these questions:
- Why do you want to attend the Colorado Governor’s Tourism Conference?
- Why do you believe Colorado is a special tourist destination?
- Why are you interested in the tourism and/or hospitality industry?
- What do you think are the industry’s next big trends?
- What are your future plans in the tourism and/or hospitality industry?
- How can you incorporate your passions and interests, or perhaps your major of study, to the Colorado tourism industry?
You will also need to submit a letter of recommendation from a professor, advisor, or professional reference.
Colorado Tourism Office staff reviews applications and recommends awards based on application criteria and available funds.
The panel reviews applications on these criteria:
- dedication and passion for Colorado tourism
- knowledgeable in tourism and/or related subject areas
- essay is clear, creative and concise and uses correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation
Scholarship recipients need to conduct themselves in a professional manner and need to attend all conference activities, events, and sessions. Recipients need to follow the policies of their educational institutions related to alcohol, drugs, and weapons.