Resources and Partners
Economic development in Colorado is a group effort. Below you'll find a list of resources that will help you find the right partner to support you.
The Colorado Department of Local Affairs (DOLA) houses the Broadband Program. This program supports local governments' efforts to improve broadband service. The program also provides resources and insight into other statewide broadband efforts.
The Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA) houses the Broadband Deployment Board. This board provides grants through the Broadband Fund to make use of broadband service in underserved areas of Colorado.
The Colorado Department of Labor and Employment (CDLE) provides data around jobs and training including career help for all Coloradans including veterans, the youth, and the unemployed.
Additional resources include:
- Colorado Talent Dashboard: Shares the trends behind the career paths Coloradans are taking, and the successes and challenges Colorado is facing in supporting students and job seekers
- Colorado Workforce Development Council: Works to ensure that every Colorado employer has access to a skilled workforce and the opportunity for meaningful employment
- Connecting Colorado: Provides assistance to both job seekers and employers by connecting them to each other
- Hire a Veteran: Veterans employment specialists that give expertise in job and training opportunities to veterans
The Colorado Department of Higher Education (CDHE) supports students, advocates and develops policies, and maximizes higher education opportunities for all. CDHE maintains a directory of colleges and universities in Colorado.
CO-LABS' mission is to nurture Colorado's federal research laboratory ecosystem to be a world-class scientific discovery and innovation asset to the country. CO-LABS maintains a directory of research labs in Colorado.
- Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA): responsible for many of the state's licenses, permits, and filings. DORA maintains an A to Z listing of their regulations.
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment (CDPHE): responsible for public health and environmental regulation
- Colorado Department of Revenue (DOR): collects most types of taxes and issues state identification cards and driver licenses and enforces Colorado laws regarding gaming, liquor, tobacco, racing, auto dealers, and marijuana
- Colorado Department of Natural Resources (DNR): responsible for the development, protection, and enhancement of Colorado natural resources
- short-term rentals
The Colorado Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Network offers assistance with licenses, permits, and other information needed to start a business in Colorado through the Small Business Navigator.
The Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) works to ensure that Colorado has a safe and efficient highway system by building and maintaining interstates, U.S. highways, and state highways. CDOT maintains a list of airports in Colorado.
Regional Transportation District (RTD) provides public transportation in eight counties including all of Boulder, Broomfield, Denver and Jefferson counties, parts of Adams, Arapahoe and Douglas Counties, and a small portion of Weld County.