The Colorado Governor's Tourism Conference Professional Scholarship helps tourism professionals attend the Colorado Governor's Tourism Conference (Gov Con) for the first time. The scholarship includes conference registration and up to $400 in reimbursement for lodging, hotel parking, and mileage expenses.
Gov Con is an annual three-day event for tourism professionals and industry leaders to learn and network. Participants assess current activities and find new approaches to market the state, locales, and businesses.
The scholarship will provide up to 10 recipients with:
- one free full conference registration ($350 value)
- reimbursement of up to $400 of eligible expenses: lodging (minus incidentals), hotel parking, and mileage costs*
* Transportation to and from the conference will be the responsibility of the scholarship recipient; use of a personal vehicle will be reimbursed at the current state of Colorado mileage rate (current mileage rate is $0.59 per mile)
September 27 - 29, 2023
Fort Collins, CO
The Colorado Governor's Conference Professional Scholarship application is closed.
To apply for this scholarship, you need to:
- be 21 years of age or older and a resident of Colorado
- be a small business owner, a volunteer of or employed by an entity within a sector of the Colorado tourism industry
- first-time attendee of the Governor's Tourism Conference
- not be a current State of Colorado employee
Scholarship awards will be limited to one person per organization. Scholarships are awarded to individuals and are non-transferrable.
The Colorado Governor's Tourism Conference Student Sponsorship is available for university student first-time attendees. The sponsorship covers conference registration and hotel.
Apply online through the OEDIT application portal. Log in or create a new account. New users are manually added to the portal for security reasons, so activating your account may take several days.
The application process is as follows:
- Verify your eligibility by reading through the guidelines carefully.
- Prepare your application materials by filling out this Governors Tourism Conference Professional Scholarship Application Materials (DOCX). This document includes all application questions.
- Submit your full application in the OEDIT application portal. Instructions for navigating the grant portal are through this link.
- Applications will be reviewed.
- Scholarship status notification within one week after the application closes.
Applicants will be notified with a decision. This is a competitive award program, and not all applicants receive the award. A panel of Colorado Tourism staff reviews applications and recommends awards based on application scores and available funds.
The panel reviews applications on these criteria:
- Merit (50%): your qualifications, background, experience, and eagerness to learn.
- Impact (50%): how you plan to apply the skills and knowledge gained to benefit your career, your organization, and your destination or industry sector
The Colorado Tourism Office will reimburse lodging (minus incidentals), hotel parking, and mileage expenses after you:
- attend the conference
- submit expense receipts
- submit a final report that the Colorado Tourism Office reviews and accepts
For 2023 Scholarship Recipients:
On or before October 30, 2023, you will need to submit:
- readable invoices, proof of payment, and itemized expense receipts that show the date of the expense
- a final report to describe what you accomplished with the scholarship
The following table outlines the timeline for the scholarships awarded in 2023.
|June 20, 2023||
July 25, 2023
Application closes at 4:00 pm
August 1, 2023
|Applicant notification via email|
September 1, 2023
Deadline to complete registration
September 27 - 29, 2023
Attend Gov Con
October 30, 2023
Final report and expense documentation due