The Governor's Tourism Conference Professional Scholarship helps tourism professionals attend the Governor's Tourism Conference. New this year, the scholarship will be available to first-time attendees as well as partners who have experienced recent budget reductions. The scholarship includes conference registration and up to $350 in reimbursement for lodging and mileage expenses.
The Colorado Governor’s Tourism Conference is an annual three-day event for tourism professionals and industry leaders to learn and network. Participants assess current activities and find new approaches to market the state, locales, and businesses.
Scholarship recipients will receive:
- one registration to the 2021 Colorado Governor’s Tourism Conference
- reimbursement for lodging and mileage up to $350 (current mileage rate is $0.50 per mile)
|August 3, 2021||Application opens|
|August 31, 2021||Application closes at 4:00 pm|
|September 8, 2021||Recipients notification|
|December 5, 2021||Final report and expense receipts due|
To apply for this scholarship, you need to be a:
- resident of Colorado
- individual involved in the tourism industry
- first-time attendee of the Governor's Tourism Conference AND/OR an industry partner who has experienced a recent budget reduction
Scholarship awards will be limited to one person per organization.
Apply online through the OEDIT application portal. Log in or create a new account. New users are manually added to the portal for security reasons, so it may take several days to activate your account.
The application will open on August 3. The application closes at 4:00 pm on August 31. The application process is as follows:
- Verify your eligibility by reading through the guidelines carefully.
- Prepare your application materials by filling out this Governors Tourism Conference Professional Scholarship Application Materials (DOCX). This document includes all application questions.
- Submit your full application in the OEDIT application portal. Instructions for navigating the grant portal are available.
- Applications will be reviewed.
- Scholarship status notification within three weeks after the application closes.
Applicants will be notified with a decision on September 8, 2021. This is a competitive award program, and not all applicants receive the award. A panel of Colorado Tourism staff reviews applications and recommends awards based on application scores and available funds. Priority will be given to applicants who are first-time attendees who have experienced recent budget reductions.
The panel reviews applications on these criteria:
- Merit (50%): your qualifications, background, experience, and eagerness to learn.
- Impact (50%): how you plan to apply the skills and knowledge gained to benefit your career, your organization, and your destination or industry sector
We will register you for the conference. The Colorado Tourism Office will reimburse lodging and mileage expenses after you:
- attend the conference
- submit expense receipts
- submit a final report that the Colorado Tourism Office reviews and accepts
By December 5, 2021, you will need to submit:
- readable invoices, proof of payment, and itemized expense receipts that show the date of the expense
- a final report to describe what you accomplished with the scholarship