The Governor's Tourism Conference Professional Scholarship helps tourism professionals attend the Governor's Tourism Conference for the first time. The scholarship includes conference registration and up to $350 in reimbursements for lodging and mileage expenses.
The Colorado Governor’s Tourism Conference is an annual three-day event for tourism professionals and industry leaders to learn and network. Participants assess current activities and find new approaches to market the state, locales, and businesses.
To apply for this scholarship, you need to be a:
- resident of Colorado
- individual involved in the tourism industry
- first-time attendee of the Governor's Tourism Conference
Colorado Tourism Office email updates to stay updated on when this application will open.Applications are not currently being accepted. Please sign up for the
Applications open and close every summer.
Apply online through the OEDIT application portal. Log in or create a new account. New users are manually added to the portal for security reasons, so it may take several days to activate your account.
Instructions for navigating the grant portal are available.
We will notify you about scholarship status within three weeks after the application closes.
The questions below are only a reference and do not include all of the information you need to include in the application. Each narrative question response box allows up to 1,000 characters including spaces and punctuation.
- Why do you want to attend the Colorado Governor’s Tourism Conference for the first time?
- Why are you passionate about the tourism industry in Colorado?
- What do you hope to learn at the conference and how do you hope to use the knowledge you learned to help tourism in your region?
This is a competitive award program, and not all applicants receive the award. A panel of Colorado Tourism staff reviews applications and recommends awards based on application scores and available funds.
The panel reviews applications on these criteria:
You will need to show:
- your qualifications, background, and experience
- overall strength of the application with clear logic and adequate details of past work and needs
You will need to show measurable benefits for the individual and the Colorado tourism industry.
Financial Need (10%)
You need to demonstrate a high degree of financial need.
We will register you for the conference. The Colorado Tourism Office will reimburse lodging and mileage expenses after you:
- attend the conference
- submit expense receipts
- submit a final report that the Colorado Tourism Office reviews and accepts
Within 30 days of the conference, you will need to submit:
- readable invoices, proof of payment, and itemized expense receipts that show the date of the expense
- a final report to describe what you accomplished with the scholarship