The Colorado Tourism Roadmap 2.0 is the evolution of the original Colorado Tourism Roadmap created in 2017 and has been updated to provide a new vision, goals and continued guidance to the Colorado Tourism Office (CTO) and its stakeholders. This version is adapted to the evolving travel and tourism landscape and incorporates input from staff members, industry stakeholders, tourism partners, board members and the general public. The CTO Roadmap 2.0 has been refined to focus on three strategic pillars: Economic Vitality, Destination Stewardship and Industry Leadership.
To achieve and sustain a healthy Colorado economy that works for everyone and protects what makes Colorado the best state in the country to visit, live, work, start a business, raise a family, and retire.
We empower the tourism industry by inspiring the world to explore Colorado responsibly and respectfully.
Ensure a robust tourism economy throughout all four corners of Colorado.
- Advance Colorado’s competitive position as a leading, multi-season destination through brand development and destination promotion
- Strengthen Colorado’s economic growth by understanding, balancing and prioritizing the varied needs of individual destinations and the state
- Increase economic impact of international visitation
Support for Colorado destinations that balances quality of life for residents and quality of experience for visitors, while enhancing our environment and communities.
- Protect the integrity of Colorado’s natural and cultural resources.
- Advance inclusiveness and pursue ways that Colorado can share a welcoming experience for all travelers
- Foster a regenerative and community-focused approach to travel
Serve as a trusted and effective resource for both the tourism industry and the communities it serves.
- embracing thinking that disperses visitors in productive ways
- inviting travelers to embrace Coloradans’ sustainability ethic while here
- creating alliances with other stakeholders to magnify the impact of sustainable tourism initiatives
- Foster alignment and collaboration within the tourism industry and the larger Colorado economy
- Lead development of partnerships for tourism-related research within the tourism industry
- Provide impactful, valuable support for industry stakeholders, destinations and community/non-profit organizations
*This strategic plan seeks to advance the strength and resilience of the entire industry through collaboration, inclusivity, innovation and leadership. The Colorado Tourism Roadmap 2.0 will guide the work of the CTO and will be revised based on changing economic conditions, evolving industry landscapes or at the direction of the Colorado Tourism Office Board or Director.