Regional Film Liaisons across Colorado share expertise with filmmakers and help attract productions to their communities. These volunteer regional partners market the diversity of Colorado’s regions and help identify local support services for the film industry. COFTM provides funding to Regional Film Liaisons to create a webpage to showcase their region's local resources.
The responsibilities of Regional Film Liaisons include:
- knowledge of local film and special event permitting
- knowledge of community resources
- fielding local and national inquiries from filmmakers
- regularly updating entries on the Colorado Film Crew and Support Services Directory and the Colorado Film Location Directory
- creating a web page showcasing the local film resources in their area
- being available to host regional tours for location scouts interested in local geographic and architectural assets
- attending an annual Regional Film Liaison meeting
The Colorado Office of Film, Television and Media selects up to two new regional film liaisons each year. There are currently 12 active regional film liaisons.
Type: Regional partners
For: Communities, filmmakers, and production companies
OEDIT division: Colorado Office of Film, Television and Media
Colorado communities often integrate Regional Film Liaisons into local organizations such as film festivals, visitor bureaus, universities, or local governments. They may also establish a film commission as a standalone nonprofit organization; however, the liaison must be affiliated with an organization as listed above.
The Colorado Office of Film, Television and Media selects up to two new Regional Film Liaisons annually. Funding may be available for newly established Regional Film Liaisons.
To apply, please fill out the Regional Film Liaison Pre-Application. Once you have submitted your pre-application, the program manager will be in touch about next steps. To complete the application process, you will need to submit
- a letter of support from a local government official
- the Regional Film Liaison Partnership Agreement
- Five new locations to the Colorado Film Location Directory or a locations lookbook
This is a competitive program, so not all applicants receive the designation. We review applications and recommend awards based on application scores and available funds.
We review applications on these criteria:
- knowledge of local permitting and resources
We select up to two new Regional Film Liaisons each year. If your application is not selected, we encourage you to talk with us about how to be more competitive in the future.