The Film Ready Initiative provides technical assistance to help communities attract film production and prepare them for production activities. Becoming a destination for the film industry supports local economic development.
Through the Film Ready Initiative, communities will:
- upload/update local resources on the Colorado Film Crew and Support Services Directory
- identify city and county permits
- identify local drone regulations
- build relationships with local public lands contacts
- compile information on local hospitality and safety services
- host a regional tour for location scouts to identify local geographic and architectural assets
To apply for this initiative, your community needs to be in:
- an area not currently covered by one of Colorado Office of Film, Television and Media’s 12 Regional Film Commissions (see below)
COFTM newsletter to stay updated on when this application will open.Applications are not currently being accepted. Please sign up for the
The application opens once a year in the spring, typically opening in early March and closing in mid April. Your community will need to submit the Film Ready Initiative Interest Form before applying. Communities will be notified by the end of June.
These questions and documents are only a reference and do not include all of the information you need to include in the application:
- describe why the community wants to participate in this initiative
- identify at least one community champion who will lead this effort. Provide details about how they have successfully led previous communitywide efforts. Include how they plan to be inclusive in engaging community stakeholders.
- letter of support from a local government official