COVID-19 Resources for Film, Television and Media
This resource page was developed by the Colorado Office of Film, Television and Media to provide industry-specific resources to help the film, television and media industry through the COVID-19 pandemic.
We recommend you take the following steps:
- Check the Colorado COVID Relief Fund to see if your organization may qualify for an operating grant.
- If you think you may qualify for a Small Business Administration’s Economic Injury Disaster Loan, please visit the Colorado Small Business Development Center Network's Disaster Relief page.
- Review what stage your county is currently in through the COVID-19 dial dashboard.
We recommend also reviewing Film Webinar Series and Events.
The Rural Theaters COVID-19 Support Grant provided $320,000 to 400,000 in financial assistance to remote theaters across Colorado. These theaters make up the heart of main street in many rural communities.
The application was open from November 20 to December 11, 2020.
We know that COVID-19 will continue to affect productions across Colorado. Please take note of some emergency resources for artists:
- The Actors Fund
- Americans for the Arts Economic Impact Survey
- Americans for the Arts COVID-19 Resource and Response Center
- Artists Charitable Fund
- The Artists Fellowship
- Arts Through It All
- Bonfils Stanton Arts & Culture Relief Fund
- CERF+ Emergency Assistance
- Creative Capital Resource List
- Denver Actor’s Fund
- El Pomar Foundation Colorado Assistance Fund
- Foundation for Contemporary Arts Emergency Grants
- Freelancers Relief Fund
- Motion Picture and Television Fund
- National Coalition for Arts’ Preparedness and Emergency Response
- Pioneer’s Assistance Fund for Theater Workers
- Rauschenberg Emergency Grants
Other industry resources include:
- COVID-19 Safety Practices and Procedures for On-Set Production
- The Safe Way Forward
- Industry-Wide Labor-Management Safety Committee Task Force
- PPE for film productions
- Art House Convergence
- Bonfils Stanton Foundation
- Colorado Business Committee for the Arts (CBCA)
- COVID-19 Freelance Artists Resources
You can also reach out to your local industry groups:
If you were planning to attend a screening or film event in the coming weeks, check-in with the host organization for the latest information. Some events and festivals are moving to online platforms to align with social distancing policies.
Review this list for digital and streaming event examples and support:
- 5Point Unlocked
- Aspen Shortsfest – virtual screening
- Boulder Digital Arts – online-only classes
- Broadcast Pueblo
- CBCA Webinars
- Denver Open Media – streaming events
- Entertainment Partners Free Webinar Series
- Film Festival Alliance
- MountainFilm 2020 Festival – online-only
- Rocky Mountain PBS New Daytime Schedule – for learning during school closures
- Vail Film Festival
- We Are Denver Livestream Network by the Black Actors Guild and We Are Denver
- XicanIndie FilmFest XXII