The purpose of PPORA is to strengthen the outdoor recreation industry for the Pikes Peak region through industry leadership and collaboration. Working in El Paso, Teller, and Fremont counties, PPORA endeavors to establish the Pikes Peak region as one of the premier destinations to pursue outdoor recreation while helping to attract and recruit appropriate businesses and establish policies and best practices for the tourism industry.
PPORA was paired with Mimi Mather, a CRAFT Mentor with experience in destination management, tourism development, and creative communications to deliver 75 hours of consulting to conduct the activities listed below.
The purpose of this project was to develop tools and strategies for building greater awareness of and support for PPORA throughout the Pikes Peak region.
Project objectives included:
- collaborate with PPORA to refine its value proposition and identify outreach opportunities and tactics
- develop an outreach strategy for raising awareness of PPORA throughout the Pikes Peak region and recruiting more partners
- recommend strategies for increasing partner and target partner engagement
PPORA achieved the following results with its Reimagine Industry Associations Mentor:
- outreach strategy for increasing PPORA’s visibility, promoting the organization’s value and impact, and attracting more partners
- media and influencer contacts for use in garnering earned media and increasing PPORA’s exposure
“We felt like our consultant through the Reimagine Industry Associations program really became a part of our team, wanting us to succeed and her skills were well-matched with our needs. The strategy she outlined gave us concrete steps and timelines to help us accomplish our goals.”
— Becky Leinweber, PPORA
About Reimagine Industry Associations Program
The Reimagine Industry Associations Program supports Colorado tourism industry associations to foster long-term resilience. Awarded industry associations receive 75 hours of consulting and a $10,000 creative asset production shoot from the Colorado Tourism Office.