As Colorado mountain communities transition from an extraction-based economy to other diverse, sustainable economies, the Commercial Historic Preservation Tax Credit and Colorado Outdoor Recreation Industry Office (OREC) may prove to be a pivotal tool and resource for these pending changes.
Tourism and Hospitality
DENVER (August 11, 2021) -- The Colorado Governor’s Tourism Conference, held annually by the Colorado Tourism Office, will return as an in-person conference, November 3-5, 2021 at the Pueblo Convention Center.
The theme of this year’s conference is “We’ve Got Grit”, representative of the resilient nature of the tourism industry.
DENVER (August 6, 2021) – The COVID-19 pandemic caused global economic hardship and the travel industry was not immune. The release of the 2020 Dean Runyan Travel Study and Longwoods Travel USA Visitor Profile shows U.S. travel spending declined an estimated 36% in 2020. The Colorado travel industry was similarly affected, experiencing an estimated decline of 36.3% in travel spending, from a record $24.2 billion in 2019 to $15.4 billion in 2020.
“Over the last ten years, 54 percent of wildfires have been caused by humans, while the rest, 46 percent, have been ignited by lightning.” U.S. Forest Service
We, in Colorado, certainly understand the devastation that wildfires can create. The current hot, dry, windy weather is causing concern about critical fire conditions across the state. Ancillary effects of past fire damage, such as mudslides and floods, are also impacting portions of Colorado.
DENVER – July 27, 2021 – Colorado Office of Economic Development and International Trade (OEDIT) Executive Director Pat Meyers has named Timothy Wolfe Director of Colorado’s Tourism Office. The accomplished hospitality veteran enters state service from a dynamic 25-year tourism industry career that includes decades of Colorado experience.
Care for Colorado Stewardship Partner Colorado Parks and Wildlife (CPW) would like us to remind visitors and residents that while the temperatures are hot, in most areas the water remains cold. They strongly encourage everyone to wear a personal flotation device while enjoying water sports of any kind. As you will see below, we have included quite a few links featuring messaging about the importance of personal flotation devices.
DENVER, Colo. (June 29, 2021) – The Meetings and Events Incentive Program bill, sponsored by Colorado Reps. Roberts and Soper and Sens. Rodriguez and Hisey, will take effect July 1, 2021, and run until December 31, 2022. The bill was signed by Governor Polis on June 6th and allocates $10 million in rebates and incentives for individuals hosting events in Colorado.