The purpose of Destination Colorado is to make the site selection and planning experience convenient and straightforward for meeting planners and incentive buyers looking to hold meetings and events in Colorado. With a reach of 100 members, Destination Colorado provides resources and information for meeting and event planners, while also supporting its members through a national marketing program, networking and educational programs.
Destination Colorado was paired with Kyle Blakely, a CRAFT Mentor with experience in tourism marketing, communications and strategic planning, to deliver 75 hours of consulting to conduct the activities listed below.
The purpose of this project was to expand on the efforts started in the Restart Industry Associations program and enable Destination Colorado to solidify its membership recruitment, retention, and management efforts. Results from successful completion will help the organization increase membership above pre-pandemic levels, increase member retention percentages, and improve overall association management efficiencies.
Project objectives included:
- research and summarize recommendations for Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software and/or association management software
- assist in the set up of the purchased software solution
- develop a communications calendar for membership recruitment and retention that includes:
- develop a membership prospect list to include organizations and businesses in the primary membership categories:
Destination Colorado achieved the following results with its Reimagine Industry Associations Mentor:
- acquisition and initial steps toward the setup of an operational Association Management System (AMS) tool
- communications calendar for membership recruitment and retention that includes an outline of strategies
- list of prospective members listed in key categories
About Reimagine Industry Associations Program
The Reimagine Industry Associations Program supports Colorado tourism industry associations to foster long-term resilience. Awarded industry associations receive 75 hours of consulting and a $10,000 creative asset production shoot from the Colorado Tourism Office.