The City of Loveland Farmers Market at Fairgrounds Park was awarded a CRAFT Mentor program by the Colorado Tourism Office in winter 2016. The objective of this CRAFT Mentor program was to develop a marketing plan to support the Loveland Farmers Market and increase visitation.
Located in Larimer County, The City of Loveland Farmers Market’s mission is to provide their community with the freshest food available.
CRAFT Mentor Results
The Colorado Tourism Office matched The City of Loveland Farmers Market with Beth Buehler, a CRAFT Mentor with experience in public relations, marketing, writing, and editing to achieve the following outcomes:
- Analyzed the current marketing efforts and position of the Farmers Market to guide the development of future marketing strategies
- Drafted a brief marketing and strategy plan to target area visitors with success metrics and budget. Since implementing the plan strategies, gross revenue has increased 10% from 2015 and attendance increased 25% in 2016.
- Connected potential partners to help increase awareness and accessibility of the market
- Implemented brand strategies to help with market recognition. Items created include a logo, staff shirts, market bags, rack cards and additional advertising placements
- Reviewed content for summer marketing placement opportunities to ensure consistency with branding and marketing strategies
- Established relationships with other Colorado Tourism resources to further the exposure of the market
"I think the key to the [CRAFT Mentor] program was to match the project up with a mentor that is passionate about the project and knowledgeable. Beth was the perfect match for this project and [was] so knowledgeable how to market to the visitors of Colorado." — City of Loveland Farmers Market Executive Director, Jeanne Boswell
Get inspired to visit The City of Loveland Farmers Market by exploring Colorado.com:
5 Days in Greeley, Loveland, & Fort Collins
Fitness & Fun in Denver & Cities of the Rockies
Boots, Bikes, Kayaks, & Horses With Influencer @Ottsworld
About CRAFT Mentor
CRAFT Mentor provides up to 50 hours of mentoring for tourism-related entities wishing to advance a specific tourism-related goal or strategy. Participants receive $1,000 of implementation funding upon completion.