The Opportunity Zone Video Spotlight Grant is designed to help designated OZ communities attract investment by using video to highlight their assets and opportunities. Local and regional economic development groups awarded the grant will be paired with a local college or university film team to produce a short video showcasing the people, history, outdoor adventures, and local businesses that make it unique. Each film will include at least one potential opportunity zone investment.
- Applications must be submitted by a local economic development organization (or equivalent, like chamber of commerce, municipality, EDO, etc.)
- The community must have a designated Opportunity Zone census tract to be eligible. To verify the location of the project is in a designated Opportunity Zone Census tract please utilize the interactive map on the OEDIT OZ webpage.
- In its application, the community must identify an opportunity zone investment opportunity. Investment opportunities could include businesses, real estate projects, or other public-private partnerships that are feasible for long-term equity investments. Projects should be driven by Opportunity Fund capital and reasonably well-developed by the time of application.
- Applicants must also identify potential interviewees and possible filming locations in their applications.
- Matching funds are not required. OEDIT will pair the community with a college film department or private contractor and OEDIT will pay them directly. Applications might already have a viable location within the Colorado Film Location Directory.
- Please answer all application questions in the online portal. Click here to view questions before starting the application.
- In the narrative part of your application, you will fill in the text boxes under each question. There is a maximum of 5,000 characters per question.
- We suggest you compose your narrative answers in your word processing program and then cut and paste into the text boxes.