WHAT: Hosted by the Colorado Tourism Office, the Colorado Governor’s Tourism Conference is an opportunity to connect with key players in Colorado’s tourism industry and report on the challenges and opportunities that impact one of state’s top economic drivers.
Planned sessions feature wide-ranging topics such as crisis management, destination resilience, international marketing, destination stewardship, inclusive tourism, use of TikTok in destination promotion and more. Keynote speakers include André van Hall, the curiosity instigator and Naresh Sadhnani, consultant and previous owner of Wingate Inn in Pueblo.
In addition, winners will be announced for the annual tourism industry awards. The finalists for each category are:
Governor’s Award for Outstanding Individual Contribution to Colorado Tourism:
- Becky Leinweber, Executive Director, Pikes Peak Outdoor Recreation Alliance
- Lucy Kay, President & CEO, Breckenridge Tourism Office
- Steven A. Valdez, Director, Visit Pueblo Welcome Center
Outstanding Community Tourism Initiative Award:
- Chaffee's Got Heart, Chaffee County Visitors Bureau
- Glenwood Gold Visitor Stimulus Incentive, Glenwood Springs Chamber Resort Association
- Welcome Home Neighbor, Vail Valley Partnership
Outstanding Sustainability Initiative, Project or Program:
- Adventure By Nature Pledge, Chaffee County Visitors Bureau
- Pikes Peak Summit Visitor Center, Pikes Peak - America's Mountain
- The Roaring Fork + Farm Map, Carbondale Tourism
Governor’s Award for Outstanding Marketing Program:
- Colorado Cross Country Ski Association - Naturally Socially Distant
- Colorado Liquid Arts Passport Program, Colorado Association for Viticulture & Enology (CAVE), Colorado Brewers Guild, Colorado Cider Guild, Colorado Distillers Guild
- Roam from Home - 3 Stage Campaign, Visit Grand Junction
Jack Snow Volunteer Award:
- Grace Krivec, Colorado Welcome Center in Trinidad
- Jim Morrison, Colorado Welcome Center Burlington
- Marlene Garrelts, Colorado Welcome Center in Julesburg
For more information and to view the full line-up of speakers and events, visit the conference website.
WHO: Members of the media will have interview access to top Colorado tourism officials including:
- New Colorado Tourism Office Director Tim Wolfe
- Members of the Colorado Tourism Office Board of Directors
- Colorado legislative leaders
- Representatives from the tourism industry: destination marketing organizations, arts/cultural organizations, chambers of commerce, government agencies, and all those who are committed to sustaining Colorado’s travel/tourism industry.**
WHEN: Wednesday, November 3, 2021 through Friday, November 5, 2021
WHERE: Pueblo Convention Center
320 Central Main St.
Pueblo, CO 81003
- Tourism is one of the top drivers of positive economic impact and job growth in Colorado.
- The COVID-19 pandemic wreaked havoc on the tourism industry and this provides an opportunity for tourism businesses to convene and work toward a more resilient future.
- Destination stewardship has become a key consideration for visitors. Colorado was an industry leader in stewardship of its lands.
- Colorado Tourism's summer Wow campaign earned an elite 5 out of 5 stars for long-term branding, landing in the top 1% of all System1 ads ever measured.
* Colorado media are offered complimentary registration for the conference not including meal sessions. Those interested in attending the conference in its entirety can register as a guest for $225. Please click here to view the schedule of events. To register or to learn more, please reach out to the CTO Communications team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 720.233.8520.
** Individual interviews can be pre-scheduled at any time during the conference by contacting the CTO Communications team at email@example.com or 720.233.8520.