The Colorado Governor's Tourism Conference Student Sponsorship helps college and university students attend the Governor's Tourism Conference (Gov Con) for the first time. Students interested in travel and tourism will learn about the industry, develop their skills, and network with industry professionals.
The sponsorship covers conference registration and hotel. All other expenses are the student’s responsibility.
To apply for this sponsorship, you need to be:
- a student currently enrolled full-time at a Colorado college or university
- interested in travel and tourism
- a first time Gov Con attendee
Applications are closed. Check back next year!
Colorado Tourism Office staff reviews applications and recommends awards based on application criteria and available funds.
The panel reviews applications on these criteria:
- dedication and passion for Colorado tourism
- knowledgeable in tourism and/or related subject areas
- essay is clear, creative and concise and uses correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation
Sponsorship recipients need to conduct themselves in a professional manner and need to attend all conference activities, events, and sessions. Recipients need to follow the policies of their educational institutions related to alcohol, drugs, and weapons.