The Governor's Creative Leadership Awards honor community members across Colorado for civic leadership and volunteerism in creative industries. Awardees celebrate the arts through advocacy, vision, collaboration, and innovation.
Awards are given every year during the Colorado Creative Industries Summit. Colorado Creative Industries gives this award to celebrate creative excellence in Colorado.
Nominees need to be living Colorado residents. You cannot nominate yourself. Colorado residents, Colorado-based organizations, or businesses registered with the Colorado Secretary of State may nominate someone else for this award.
CCI newsletter to stay updated on when this application will open.Nominations are not currently being accepted. Please sign up for the
Nominations open once a year every fall. The deadline to submit a nomination is typically in November or December. Submit nominations through the Colorado Creative Industries Grant portal. Log in to your account or create a new account. We recommend that you print and keep a copy of your nomination for your records.
The nomination letter needs to:
- be a maximum two typed pages in a Microsoft Word document
- briefly address your relationship with the nominee
- describe the distinctive way in which the nominee has demonstrated significant civic leadership and volunteerism in Colorado’s creative landscape through advocacy, vision, collaboration, or innovation in the categories of:
- arts and creative placemaking
- arts and community action
- arts and social change
Upload three items that demonstrate the excellence and impact of the nominee’s work.
Work samples may include:
- press clippings
- video or audio samples
- letters of support
- printed programs
An item may be a:
- audio file
- video file
- single weblink
- Word document
- Excel document
Upload attachments with this file naming convention: Nominee’s name_work sample descriptive title.
A selection committee will review nominations and select finalists. The committee judges nominations on:
- significance and size of the arts and creative sector to enhance Colorado’s social and/or economy, quality of life, and well-being
- the variety of populations that the arts actions serve
- the vision and long-term community impact
Finalists need to participate in a short Colorado Creative Industries video in the months before the Governor’s Creative Leadership Award ceremony.
We will announce the winners at the Colorado Creative Industries Summit.