The purpose of CRA is to serve as the leading trade organization for the state’s dynamic foodservice industry. The association’s primary purpose is to protect restaurant businesses and help them thrive. CRA is run by restaurateurs, for restaurants.
CRA was paired with Kyle Blakely, a CRAFT Mentor with experience in tourism marketing and communications and strategic planning, to deliver 75 hours of free consulting to conduct the activities listed below.
The purpose of this project was to develop a strategic roadmap for CRA to enhance the employer and employee resources section it manages on corestaurantjobs.com.
Project objectives included:
- conduct primary research with Colorado restaurant employers and prospective employees to identify priority resources and educational information for the website that includes:
- conduct one-on-one interviews with CRA member businesses
- develop an online survey for restaurant employers (CRA members) that includes questions about desired resources, user experience on corestaurantjobs.com, and business demographic information
- develop an online survey for prospective employees to better understand desired resources
- develop new resources and educational information for corestaurantjobs.com based on the industry input received
CRA achieved the following results with its Restart Industry Associations Mentor:
- 12 one-on-one interviews with CRA members to develop a list of possible resources for the website
- employer survey distributed to CRA members that includes the survey questions, results and key takeaways
- draft prospective employee survey ready for distribution
- draft priority content for the employer resources section of the website that includes site navigation recommendations and links to resources
About Restart Industry Associations Program
The Restart Industry Associations Program supports Colorado tourism industry associations to drive faster recovery as they emerge from the COVID-19 pandemic. Awarded industry associations receive 75 hours of free consulting and $10,000 in direct marketing support from the Colorado Tourism Office. This program was made possible by a CARES Act Recovery Assistance grant from the U.S. Economic Development Administration.