For nearly 30 years, Bicycle Colorado has represented the Colorado outdoor recreation industry by advocating for cyclists and public transportation across the state. In addition to education and advocacy, Bicycle Colorado provides information about popular rides throughout Colorado. Bringing people to Colorado to ride bikes, and encouraging Coloradans to travel around the state and explore on two wheels, is integral to Bicycle Colorado’s mission. Bicycle Colorado represents individuals, bike shops, and organized bike rides, which in turn support the vitality of their local destinations.
Bicycle Colorado was paired with Amy Cassidy, a CRAFT Mentor with experience in tourism and outdoor recreation development, strategic planning, and marketing and communications in emerging and established destinations throughout Colorado, to deliver 75 hours of consulting to conduct the activities listed below.
The purpose of this project was to build on progress made during the Restart Industry Associations Program to bring the Mountains & Mesas microsite to be ready to launch.
Project objectives included:
- compile a list of images to reflect more inclusive representation of user groups and skill levels
- conduct desk research to identify and develop additional microsite content
- develop a work plan for updating the microsite as destinations develop new bicycle tourism attractions, experiences, and amenities
- collaborate with the Colorado Tourism Office Destination Development team to communicate the launch of the microsite with participating destinations
Bicycle Colorado achieved the following results with its Reimagine Industry Associations Mentor:
- microsite content that includes signature rides, hidden gems, bucket list rides, family friendly experiences, and community pages for emerging cycling destinations
- list of recommended images for the creative asset production shoot
- launch plan to publicize the microsite
- work plan to maintain and update the microsite that includes recommended implementation dates and partner survey for content updates
- partner survey database of destination marketing and management organizations (DMOs) and trails groups in the Mountains & Mesas region
- images folder for Mountains & Mesas region that includes photo credit information
“Our work with our consultant and the CTO has helped us get in a position to create robust, sustainable content to help drive bicycling tourism and engagement in lesser-visited parts of the state. We deeply appreciate the thought and consideration that went into the project and the CTO's support to get this project closer to completion.”
— Aishwarya Krishnamoorthy, Bicycle Colorado
About Reimagine Industry Associations Program
The Reimagine Industry Associations Program supports Colorado tourism industry associations to foster long-term resilience. Awarded industry associations receive 75 hours of consulting and a $10,000 creative asset production shoot from the Colorado Tourism Office.