The Colorado Office of Economic Development and International Trade (OEDIT) is participating in the Arab Health trade show to introduce Colorado healthcare and medical technology products and services to the leading medical equipment exhibition trade show in the Middle East from January 24 to 27, 2022.
Every year, our Global Business Development division selects strategic trade shows to showcase Colorado’s many economic strengths. The benefit of attending a trade show with OEDIT is that all booth costs and exhibitor fees are paid, and companies that participate receive a $3,500 travel stipend to attend the show.
Arab Health brings the healthcare industry together to learn, network and trade and offers exhibitors the opportunity to showcase innovative products and solutions to potential buyers from all over the world. This year, OEDIT will be selecting four companies to exhibit at the Colorado booth within the US Pavilion at the trade show.
Small healthcare and medical technology companies can apply to join the trade mission at no cost through the State Trade Expansion Program (STEP).
Apply now for STEP funding
To qualify for the State Trade Expansion Program, your company will need to:
- be registered with the Colorado Secretary of State and in Good Standing
- have headquarters in Colorado or have at least 50% of your employees based in Colorado
- be a U.S. company seeking to export goods or services of U.S. origin or with at least 51% U.S. content
- be at least one year old as of the date you would begin using STEP grant funds
- be new to export or expanding to a new export market
- have a commercialized product or service to export
- be export-ready
- meet the applicable industry-based small business size standard established by the U.S. Small Business Administration
Applications to attend Arab Health through the State Trade Expansion Program are open through October 20, 2021 or until it fills up. Apply online in the OEDIT application portal. Log in to your account or create a new account. To protect your personal information, we manually add new users to the portal, so it may take several days to activate your account.
Other international business development opportunities
The State Trade Expansion Program (STEP) offers a number of ways outside of trade missions to support Colorado businesses in their efforts to expand internationally. The max amount a company can receive in a year is $15,000, and can be used for any of these global business development activities, including but not limited to:
- consulting services through our Global Consultant Network
- attending trade shows
- holding international business meetings
- researching new markets
- updating marketing materials for new markets
- compliance testing
These U.S. Commercial Service programs, all of which are virtual, are also eligible for STEP funding.