The Colorado Office of Economic Development and International Trade (OEDIT) is participating in the Green Expo trade show to introduce Colorado renewable energy and cleantech products and services to the largest cleantech trade show in Mexico from September 6 to 8, 2022.
Small renewable energy and cleantech companies can apply to join the trade mission at no cost through the State Trade Expansion Program (STEP). Awarded companies will receive a travel stipend of up to $1,200 and exhibit space in the Colorado booth.
Every year, our Global Business Development division selects strategic trade shows to showcase Colorado’s many economic strengths. The benefit of attending a trade show with OEDIT is that all booth costs and exhibitor fees are paid, and companies that participate receive a travel stipend to attend the show.
The Green Expo is Latin America’s premier event for cutting-edge, sustainable solutions and technologies in a growing number of markets. The expo brings together companies, environmental experts, government representatives and other experts from different industries to highlight its commitment and exchange information about environmental technology, and develop new solutions for environmental technology.
Apply now for STEP funding
To qualify for the State Trade Expansion Program, your company will need to:
- be registered with the Colorado Secretary of State and in Good Standing
- have headquarters in Colorado or have at least 50% of your employees based in Colorado
- be a U.S. company seeking to export goods or services of U.S. origin or with at least 51% U.S. content
- be at least one year old as of the date you would begin using STEP grant funds
- be new to export or expanding to a new export market
- have a commercialized product or service to export
- be export-ready (see below)
- meet the applicable industry-based small business size standard established by the U.S. Small Business Administration
The application to attend the Green Expo through the State Trade Expansion Program will open June 1, 2022 and are due July 13, 2022.
Apply online in the OEDIT application portal. Log in to your account or create a new account. To protect your personal information, we manually add new users to the portal, so it may take several days to activate your account.