The Governor’s Minority Business Awards recognize minority-owned for-profit businesses that contribute to the economic diversity and success of minority communities in Colorado. The awards honor micro, small, medium, and large businesses.
- one free Colorado Small Business Development Center (SBDC) training of your choice
- one 30-second video promoted by the Colorado Office of Economic Development and International Trade
- inclusion in a press release from the Colorado Office of Economic Development and International Trade
- recognition at the Advance Colorado Procurement Expo
Businesses are awarded in 4 size categories (micro, small, medium and large) and across 4 regions in Colorado. The 4 regions are explained in the eligibility section.
This program is not currently accepting nominations. Please subscribe to the Minority Business Office newsletter to be notified when the program opens again.
For: Minority, women, and veteran-owned businesses
Nomination period: Annual
OEDIT division: Minority Business Office
You may nominate your business or someone else’s business. The business needs to:
- be 51% owned by a minority, woman, veteran, individual identifying as having a disability, and/or LGBTQIA+ individual (with the exception of the non-minority-owned award)
- be a Colorado-based business and/or have physical location in Colorado
- be in good standing with the Colorado Secretary of State
- have a history of revenue generation of at least 12 months
We recognize businesses by business size (number of employees) and location.
Business sizes are defined as:
- microbusiness: 1 to 5 employees
- small business: 6 to 12 employees
- medium-sized business: 13 to 50 employees
- large business: 51 or more employees
Regions are defined by groups of counties (see map). The 4 regions are:
- Region 1: Eagle, Garfield, Grand, Jackson, Lake, Moffat, Pitkin, Rio Blanco, Routt, Summit
- Region 2: Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Broomfield, Cheyenne, Clear Creek, Denver, Douglas, Elbert, El Paso, Gilpin, Jefferson, Kit Carson, Larimer, Lincoln, Logan, Morgan, Phillips, Sedgwick, Teller, Washington, Weld, Yuma
- Region 3: Alamosa, Baca, Bent, Chaffee, Crowley, Huerfano, Fremont, Custer, Mineral, Conejos, Costilla, Kiowa, Las Animas, Otero, Park, Prowers, Pueblo, Rio Grande, Saguache
- Region 4: Archuleta, Delta, Dolores, Gunnison, Hinsdale, La Plata, Mesa, Montezuma, Montrose, Ouray, San Juan, San Miguel
This program is not currently accepting nominations. Please sign up for the Minority Business Office newsletter to stay updated about future nomination rounds.
The Minority Business Advisory Council reviews nominations and selects awardees. The council judges nominations on these questions:
- How does the for-profit business demonstrate diversity in its community? For example, hiring practices, diverse clientele, multiple languages, cultural competency training, diversity in marketing and advertising, etc.
- How effectively does the business engage with community resources, partners, and events?
- Does the business create and retain jobs in Colorado?
- How significantly does the company contribute back to its community?
Selected awardees will be announced at the 2022 virtual Advance Colorado Procurement Expo.
We look forward to announcing our 2022 award recipients at the Advance Colorado Procurement Expo. In the meantime, we celebrate the over 100 nominations we received for businesses in every corner of the state:
|A Cake Come True
Affinity Mortgage Brokers
Alchemy Ritual Goods
Along Your Journey
American GPR & Coring
Apex Business Consulting
Axon Martial Arts
Blaacklab Makeup Team
Blue Nile Transportation
Bodies By Perseverance
Boylen Cleaning Services
BPX Durango Inc
Brightlight Care LLC
Cannabis Doing Good
Carter Truck Driving Academy
Colorado Affordable Legal Services, LLC
Dahlia Crypt Clay LLC
David Commercial Real Estate
Denver Home Healthcare, Inc.
Denver Urban Spectrum
El Coco Pirata
El toro construction and roofing
Elixir Mind Body Massage
Environmental Consulting Services
The Equity Project LLC
|Espinoza Consulting Services
Felicia Libo, LPC
Firma IT Solutions
Full Battle Rattle Deli
gangsta's paradise farm llc
Garcia Pivik & Pivik, Communications Consulting LLC
Goofballs Party Store
High West Electric, LLC
Hispanic Marketing Solutions.
Hubbard Family Dental Hygiene Clinic
Kookiz and Kakez, LLC
Kumon Math & Reading Center of Lone Tree
La Rola Urban Colombian Kitchen
Limelite360 Photo Booth
Limitless Martial Arts
Living Hope Home Care
Majestic Mountain Tile & Stone
Maxx Impact Group
McQueen Hospitality LLC
Mission Yogurt, Inc.
Mjk spa LLC
Mom and Anna stitch craft
Mpartners LLC / European Wax Center Arvada
Naranjo Civil Constructors, Inc
New Flower Co.
Ninos del Sol
Noah Care RIde LLC
|NorthStar Enterprise LLC (DBA Gravel Pit)
Ohana Yoga, Inc
OTM Skin LLC
Payless Rooter & Mato Plumbing
Pet Care Coalition Inc.
PROJECT HOPE ORGANIZATION OF MESA COUNTY
Ridiculous Engineering LLC
Rocio Life Coach
Rome’s Nail and Beauty Lounge
Rosario's Peruvian Restaurant
Rubie Designs Web Consulting Agency
Safari Smiles, PLLC
The Sanford Group, LLC
Senior Helpers Northern Colorado & Wyoming
Showhomes Central Denver
Spark of Hope
Stagecraft Event Labor Ltd
Stepping Stones Learning Center of Littleton
Sweet Caroline Confections
The Creative Agency
TIRES TO GREEN RECYCLING, LLC.
TLC Acupuncture & Natural Medicine
Under Pressure Therapeutics LLC
The Villiage Institute
YTD Bookkeeping Service LLC
ZICT-Zoe Innovation Cloud Technology