The Business Foundations Technical Assistance Program provides technical assistance and small grants to Colorado small businesses to help businesses legally establish themselves. The program provides three training sessions and a small reimbursable grant of up to $1,200 per business to help apply the training.
Businesses can take any of these training options. Businesses that are not yet legally established are encouraged to take the Legal Formation and Registration training before taking the other 2 training options. The 3 training options available are:
- Legal Formation and Registration – helps you legally incorporate your business and access the benefits of training programs and grants from local and federal governments
- Accounting and Finance – helps you create and learn to manage the accounting system for your business to be able to clearly report your company’s financial information to facilitate access to finance necessary to grow your business
- Digital Marketing and E-commerce – helps you digitize your business to improve client relationships, increase the presence of your brand in the market, and create new opportunities to deliver your products and services
Minority Business Office newsletter to stay updated on this program.Businesses will be able to register for an account in the learning management system starting in fall 2021. Sign up for the
Any Colorado small businesses with five or fewer employees can take advantage of this program. This program is intended for small businesses that did not receive federal funding from programs such as Economic Injury Disaster Loan and Paycheck Protection Program.
As a part of a pilot program, we will be accepting 50 businesses on a first-come, first-served basis. The process for this program is as follows.
- You will register for an account in the learning management system and fill out a short questionnaire. You are not yet able to create an account until the program opens in fall 2021.
- Your questionnaire will be reviewed by a consultant who will recommend which of the three self-guided training sessions that you will need to complete at your own pace within the learning management system.
- You will complete the recommended training sessions and receive a certificate of completion from the learning management system.
- After completing the training sessions, you may apply to receive a small grant award of up to $1,200 to reimburse you for expenses related to that training. For example, if you complete the Accounting and Finance training, then you may apply to receive a grant to cover the cost of buying accounting software.