If you haven’t already noticed the heart-shaped candy and chocolate at the grocery store, Valentine’s Day is once again upon us. Whether you celebrate with a special someone, friends or perhaps avoid it at all costs, here are some ideas on how to treat yourself or your sweetheart with #ShopLocalColorado gifts or experiences from Colorado businesses.
As they say, the way to someone’s heart is through their stomach. This is likely why chocolate and candy are common gifts and treats during this holiday.
- Moksha Chocolate: A small-batch fine chocolate made farm to bar in Boulder. Not only does it make delicious and eye-catching chocolate bars, it also sells cacao body scrub and chocolate infused with CBD.
- Hammond’s Candies: Perhaps most known for its hard candy, ribbon candy and lollipops, you’ll be sure to find a treat to impress your loved one. And, you can make the holiday extra sweet by booking a tour of the Denver-based factory.
- Telluride Truffle: Bring your date a classic red heart-shape box full of these decadent chocolate truffles and you’ll be sure to get a kiss.
- Colorado Cocoa Pod: These bonbons are almost too beautiful to eat! Almost.
Let’s be honest, life is stressful and unpredictable these days. Almost anyone can appreciate and enjoy a gift of time to unplug and relax, or a chance to freshen up their look this holiday. From hot springs to upscale resorts, Colorado is full of spas, offering both traditional and unique experiences. Some ideas include:
- Miya Salon and Spa, Denver: Freshen or change your look before your romantic date to exude the most confidence in yourself.
- Elixir Mind Body Massage: Stop. Breathe. Relax. Step into our Downtown Denver refuge, in the heart of historic LoDo, and leave the world outside. Let the sounds of soothing water and gentle music envelope you as our experienced team of licensed and specially trained massage therapists and estheticians care for you.
- Romance and Reality LLC, Longmont: Invest in your self-care and relationship with effective sex education, intimacy coaching, trauma reprocessing, & holistic body working. Sign up for a consultation or attend events across Northern Colorado or virtually.
- Garden of the Gods Resort and Club, Colorado Springs: The Sweet Escape Getaway includes a $300 credit to be used at the property’s renowned Strata Integrated Wellness and Spa, golf, tennis, dining outlets and much more.
Light and warmth
You can never have too many candles, especially during these cold and dark nights. Give the gift of light and warmth, as well as calming scents to set the mood.
- Candelaria: A unique candle and lifestyle boutique in Denver that contains a curated selection of woman-owned and American-made artisanal goods. The candles are made right there in the store, so you get the opportunity to smell the fragrances as they are being poured.
- Mountain Cat Candles, Co.: Hand-poured in Parker, CO with 100% natural soy wax grown and sourced within the U.S. and uses renewable and sustainable materials, while keeping your home smelling like the Rockies.
- Old Pine Candle Co.: Soy candles handmade in a little studio in Evergreen, CO. Women-led, inspired by the mountains, focused on sustainability.
- Skye Candle Co.: Made with love in Manitou Springs, CO, these candles are hand-poured using pure soy wax, phthalate-free essential oil fragrances, and cotton-braided wicks that are free of lead and zinc. Skye Candle also hosts Candle Making Workshops, where guests can design their own candles and learn the basics of artisan candle making.
A date to remember
Memories and experiences last longer than gifts and after a long couple years under a pandemic, take your loved one on a date that they will always remember. Check out some of these 14 Romantic Colorado Places to Steal a Kiss as well as the following date ideas:
- Royal Gorge Train: Plan a lunch or dinner rolling down the Royal Gorge and enjoy the breathtaking views. Tickets to book the special Valentine’s Weekend Journey are on sale now.
- Get Lifted: 6 Stunning Gondola Accessed Views in Colorado: Shout your love from the mountain tops after you ride up in one of these gondolas.
- Ice Skating: Grab your honey’s hand and live out your own rom-com movie on one of these rinks.
- Sleigh rides: Pack some bubbly or hot chocolate and cuddle under a blanket as you ride through the countryside, just like the fairy tales!