The Colorado Office of Economic Development and International Trade (OEDIT) works with statewide partners to create a positive business climate that encourages dynamic economic development and sustainable job growth. Under the leadership of Governor Jared Polis, we strive to advance the state’s economy through financial and technical assistance in support of local and regional economic development activities throughout Colorado.
View OEDIT job and internship opportunities
How do you say the department's name?
Our name is long, so we call ourselves OEDIT (pronounced oh-eh-dit).
Mission: Our mission is to achieve and sustain a healthy Colorado economy that works for everyone and protects what makes Colorado the best state in the country to live, work, start a business, raise a family, and retire.
We assist in:
- Building a strong public-private approach on a statewide basis for economic development activities.
- Monitoring economic conditions throughout the state and strengthening regional economies.
- Supporting entrepreneurs and small businesses.
- Increasing quality job creation by expanding and attracting businesses.
- Maintaining Colorado’s diverse economic base by retaining existing jobs through responsive programs and a supportive business climate.
- Positioning Colorado as a global leader in key industries, such as tourism, aerospace, bioscience and renewable energy.
- Assisting the state’s economy, while preserving quality of life.
Values and Culture
There are many jobs where you can achieve personal success, but what about the part of you that believes making a difference matters too? Join the nearly 40,000 classified state employees who feel the same way and strive daily to improve the quality of life for all Coloradans. Colorado has something for everyone. State employees enjoy almost limitless growth potential, top-notch training and development programs, and some of the best benefit packages in the state.
Work/life balance: Governor Polis signed an Executive Order concerning the State’s actions to become an Employer of Choice and enhance employee work-life flexibility.
Pay and Benefits
In addition to offering rewarding careers in public service, the State of Colorado also offers unparalleled employment opportunities, competitive pay, excellent medical benefits, generous time off and outstanding retirement benefits. All of these items put together create your total rewards package.
Benefits at the State:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Student Loan Forgiveness
- RTD EcoPass
Time Off and Leave at the State
- Full-time employees begin earning annual leave at an accrual rate of 13.33 hours per month (20 days per year) and sick leave at 6.66 hours per month (10 days per year). Leave for a part-time employee is earned on a prorated basis.
- OEDIT observes 11 state holidays.
- Leave types include annual, sick, holiday, family medical, short-term disability, military leave, paid family medical leave, veterans, active military, and national disaster response personnel.
Colorado Public Employee Retirement Association (PERA)
Colorado Public Employees' Retirement Association (PERA) provides retirement and other benefits to the employees of more than 500 government agencies and public entities in the state of Colorado.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
The State of Colorado believes that equity, diversity, and inclusion drive our success, and encourage qualified applications from candidates of all identities, backgrounds and abilities. An equitable, diverse, and inclusive workplace is one where all employees and community partners feel valued and respected.
OEDIT has an active equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) committee that champions an EDI lens across our programs and hiring efforts. Through the committee’s work, guidelines have been developed to reduce bias in the hiring process.
Learn more about equity, diversity, and inclusion at the State of Colorado.