The Screenplay Review Program allows Colorado residents to submit one original screenplay, television pilot, or short script per year for a free critique. The Colorado Office of Film, Television and Media hires Colorado screenwriters with verified credits and Colorado screenwriting professors to review your screenplays and provide detailed notes and suggestions to the authors.
This service is free to Colorado residents. This is not a competition or award.
Cost to writers: Free
Application deadline: Closed
OEDIT division: Colorado Office of Film, Television and Media
You need to be a Colorado resident to submit a screenplay for review. You can only submit one application per state fiscal year (July 1 to June 30).
Each writer may submit one original screenplay, television pilot, or short script per year. The screenplay cannot be longer than 120 pages and must follow standard screenplay formatting as a PDF.
If you do not have access to scriptwriting software, consider using a free online service.
The Academy Nicholl Fellowships in Screenwriting provides this list of common mistakes in screenwriting. We recommend making sure your script is free of these errors before submitting:
- art on the title page
- typo/misspelling on the title page
- typo/misspelling in the first scene header
- typos/misspellings in the first sentence or paragraph or page
- triple/double spacing of every/many line(s) on the first page
- lack of spacing between scene header and description, or between description and dialogue, or between dialogue and dialogue
- use of font other than Courier 12-point, ten-pitch, non-proportional (excluding the title page)
- extensive use of bold print
- dialogue that stretches from the left margin to the right margin
- extra space between character name and dialogue
- description and/or dialogue typed ALL CAPS
- extremely narrow or extremely wide outside margins
- long, long, long descriptive passages
- handwritten or hand-printed script
- other glaring, non-standard format usage
Upload your screenplay to the Colorado Office of Film, Television and Media's Submittable Account.
You will need to:
- submit your document as a PDF
- follow standard screenplay formatting
- ensure your submission is not longer than 120 pages
After you submit your work, a reviewer will provide notes via Submittable within 10 weeks.